Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
What Is Lead Generation?
Do you need leads, but you don’t understand the art of lead generation? Digital Media Solutions is here to help. In this article, we’ve answered five of the most-searched questions about lead generation. Click on your question below to see the answer.
- What is lead generation?
- What is the difference between inbound marketing and lead generation?
- What’s the best lead generation method?
- How effective are lead gen forms?
- How can I increase my lead generation volume and conversion rates?
1. What is lead generation?
Lead generation is the act of acquiring leads, often from third-party sources, of consumers who may be interested in a product or service. Many leads are the result of inquiries from potential consumers, but leads can be generated using a long list of marketing and sales tactics, including:
- Paid search
- Email marketing
- Co-registration placements on websites
- SMS messaging
- Display and programmatic advertising
- SEO and content marketing
Lead generation can be broad or very targeted, with high-intent audiences identified based on historical performance, big data intelligence and identity resolution mapping.
2. What is the difference between inbound marketing and lead generation?
Inbound marketing is a sub-set of lead generation that focuses on tactics designed to drive inbound leads. SEO and content marketing, including webinars, can be strong channels for inbound marketing.
3. What’s the best lead generation method?
There is no one best lead generation method for all advertisers. Efficient lead generation campaigns are developed based on historical data to identify the audience with the highest propensity to convert and the media outlets that best allow an advertiser to get in front of that audience.
The performance of lead generation campaigns should be regularly analyzed and optimized. Over time, advertisers likely discover their own best lead generation methods.
As a rule, lead generation campaigns should be diversified, predicable and scalable. Even once marketers identify their historically best lead generation method, continuing to test other methods is almost always advisable.
4. How effective are lead gen forms?
Lead generation forms can be incredibly effective, when they are designed for a strong user experience. The performance of lead generation forms should be regularly analyzed and optimized. When possible, lead generation forms, and the landing pages on which they are placed, should be continually A/B tested.
In general, higher conversion rates are the result of forms that are easy to fill out, often due to a limited number of fields.
5. How can I increase my lead generation volume and conversion rates?
Lead generation volume and conversion rates can be increased by analyzing and optimizing campaign data. Within most campaigns, there are an infinite number of potential optimizations, including:
- Custom geo-targeting
- Lead scoring and routing
- Right-pricing leads based on conversion rates
- Re-engaging and nurturing leads with automated email campaigns
- Segmenting and refining the target audience
Are you in the process of optimizing your lead generation campaigns?
The team at Digital Media Solutions (DMS) can help you elevate your marketing strategies to achieve your marketing goals. Contact DMS today to take your lead generation to the next level.