Each week, Google releases updates and invents new methods for improving user experience and conversion rates. As marketers, you need to stay up to date with Google’s activity to maintain your brand’s performance on the search engine. Knowing and understanding advancements and changes made by Google is essential to help you maximize your digital marketing, paid search and organic search opportunities.
Google News Impacting Digital Marketers
Here are the big stories, announced by Google during the week starting July 16, 2018, that may influence digital marketing strategies and performance. We’ve highlighted key takeaways and the impacts on digital marketers.
An Image Is Worth 1,000 Words with Referral URLs
Pulled from “An Update to Referral Source URLs for Google Images” published on the Google Webmaster Blog on July 17, 2018
- Google is rolling out a new referrer URL, specific to Google Images.
- When using Google Analytics to track data, users will see the new referral URL automatically incorporated, accurately attributing traffic to Google Images.
Key Takeaway for Digital Marketers: With the new referral URL from Google Analytics, you can learn which images best drive traffic to your site and leverage that knowledge for continued success.
Google Assistant Fits into Consumers’ Lives
Pulled from “Stay on Top of Your Day with Proactive Help from Your Assistant” published on the Google Blog on July 17, 2018
- Google released a new overview of users’ days on the Assistant app in an effort to organize daily information.
- “The new visual snapshot provides curated, helpful information based on the time of day, location, and your recent interactions with the Assistant, and will be available on Android and iOS devices in all languages supported by the Google Assistant.”
- The new visual offers app suggestions that may help users complete daily actions or aid routines.
Key Takeaway for Digital Marketers: As Google encourages voice assistant use, it will become part of everyday life. So be sure your brand knows the platform and is prepared to incorporate it into communication strategies as opportunities arise.
No time to be the Google expert? No worries, Digital Media Solutions (DMS) is ready to help. We have specialists who spend their entire days focused on Google. Plus, DMS search experts can help you leverage recent changes to elevate the performance of your search campaigns. Click here to contact Team DMS