New DMS Initiatives Work To Support Mental Health & Improve Overall Wellness Of All Employees
Clearwater, FL – January 4, 2021 — Digital Media Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: DMS), a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers, is committed to improving the personal health and wellness of all its employees. DMS recently launched a collection of wellness and mindfulness programs as part of its health benefits offerings. The corporate-sponsored tools and initiatives DMS implemented allow employees to feel supported and connected and work to help break down the stigma surrounding mental health.
Among the suite of impactful tools and initiatives provided for free by DMS to its employees are:
- Access To The Calm App: Employees have complimentary access to this resourceful mobile app for meditation, mindfulness, emotional well-being and anxiety-reducing content.
- Access To The Modern Health Platform: A one-stop shop for all tools related to mental well-being and self-improvement, this platform provides employees with therapy sessions led by mental health coaches and valuable resources such as financial health, wellness, meditation and inclusion.
- DMS Homestretch Challenge: Created by DMS to help employees become their best selves as 2020 comes to a close. This program encourages employees to identify and track growth habits and goals related to self/professional development, health and wellness, mental health and mindfulness.
- Race DMS: Providing employees with the opportunity to connect with other members of Team DMS across the country, Run DMS is a series of virtual run/walks that take place each month. Miles are tracked using the top-rated health and fitness app Charity Miles, which converts miles completed into monetary donations to an employee’s charity of choice.
- Mindful Mondays: Furthering its commitment to the value of holistic health, DMS launched a weekly virtual series for employees to engage in short meditation, yoga and calming exercises to start the week off right.
- DMSU: The self-awareness curriculum of DMSU, a customized 4-week training, personal and professional development program exclusively for Team DMS, consisted of live and on-demand training sessions, insightful podcasts and books, inspiring and thought-provoking video content and interactive presentations hosted by DMS leaders to elevate DMS employees and amplify their prioritization of mental health and wellness.
According to the ADAA, roughly 40 million American adults experience some form of anxiety disorder. However, despite the large number of Americans affected by such disorders, stigma surrounding mental illness is a major barrier that prevents people from seeking the mental health treatment that they need. A recent study showed 76% of respondents believe companies should be doing more to support the mental health of their workforce. Responding to employees' increased need for employer assistance, DMS is dedicated to providing its population of employees with more by creating an expanded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Additionally, DMS identified that much of today’s modern workforce, specifically Millennials, crave more unique healthcare benefits in addition to “traditional” employer offerings. Millennials will make up 75% of the workforce by 2025, and research shows that this generation cares more about health benefits and other perks than older generations. With Millennials making up a large majority of the DMS workforce, DMS is proactively anticipating the needs and desires of the Millennial demographic by providing unique tools and initiatives that benefit their mental health and wellbeing.
The innovative initiatives led by the human resources team at DMS include diversity and inclusion strategies, mental health and wellbeing resources, customized employee training, special-interest groups, enhanced internal communications, virtual professional training sessions and personal growth lessons. DMS has plans for continued investments that build upon the culture, collaboration and community the company has experienced since transitioning to a remote work life.
Interested in joining the award-winning Digital Media Solutions team? Click here to see current job openings.
About Digital Media Solutions®
Digital Media Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers.
The DMS first-party data asset, proprietary advertising technology, significant proprietary media distribution and data-driven processes help digital advertising clients de-risk their advertising spend while scaling their customer bases. Learn more at https://digitalmediasolutions.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release includes “forward-looking statements'' within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. DMS’s actual results may differ from its expectations, estimates and projections and consequently, you should not rely on these forward looking statements as predictions of future events. Words such as “expect,” “estimate,” “project,” “budget,” “forecast,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “may,” “will,” “could,” “should,” “believes,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, without limitation, DMS’s expectations with respect to its future performance and its ability to implement its strategy. These forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from the expected results. Most of these factors are outside DMS’s control and are difficult to predict. Factors that may cause such differences include risks and uncertainties indicated from time to time in DMS’s amended registration statement, filed on August 6, 2020, including those under “Risk Factors”, and in DMS’s other filings with the SEC. Some of these risks and uncertainties may in the future be amplified by the COVID-19 outbreak and there may be additional risks that we consider immaterial or which are unknown. It is not possible to predict or identify all such risks. DMS cautions readers not to place undue reliance upon any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. DMS does not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.