DMS Success Story:
Applying SEO Best Practices to Boost High-Quality Traffic and Conversion Rates
A foundation dealing with the repercussions of industry evolution realized the need to change its business model, drastically impacting its target audience and conversion process.
After changing how they defined and valued conversions, our client challenged Team DMS to attract a new audience to their website. Although their existing website had a high domain authority, it was appealing to the wrong consumer base.
DMS Was Tasked With:
- Redesigning the foundation’s website without losing its high domain authority.
- Shrinking the volume of unqualified website traffic.
- Increasing the volume of website traffic from the new target audience.
- Boosting revenue-based conversions that monetize website traffic.
At the beginning of the engagement, Team DMS reviewed the existing website to determine what was working and what tweaks were needed to interest, engage and convert the new target audience.
As part of the website redesign, 40 pages were built with the objective of specifically drawing in organic traffic. Each targeted a unique keyword, which was incorporated within the title, headline and body of its assigned page.
Although the calls to action (CTAs) throughout the site were relevant to user search terms, user experience (UX) testing determined they were not performing as well as needed. As a result, the multiple CTAs were replaced with single forms on all landing pages to allow for conversion without navigating elsewhere.
Additional SEO Tasks Included:
- Google Analytics Set Up: To allow for robust performance tracking and analysis.
- Secure Certificate Implemented: Google prefers secure site, so this action can boost search results.
- Structured Data Input: To help ensure accurate information within the Google Knowledge Panel.
- Site Speed Enhanced: Google prioritizes sites with strong UX, including site speed.
- Link Building Strategy Executed: Links from high-authority websites boost the authority of other sites.
The website experienced an immediate increase in organic visibility (measured by number of keywords ranked by Google). Visibility increased by double digits the first three months and more than doubled within five months.