Digital Marketing Innovation Inspiration


DMS Success Story: Improving Conversions Through Email Re-Engagement

DMS Success Story:

Utilizing Automated Email Campaigns to Reignite Prospect Interest 


A well-known, brand wanted to increase their enrollments and conversion yield by re-engaging old prospects. These stale inquiries had requested information within the past two years, but never became customers. 


Digital Media Solutions (DMS) was challenged with re-engaging these unconverted leads to drive new conversions while keeping the cost per conversion below target. 

DMS Solution

The DMS team utilized its best practices and email marketing experience to create a one-track, five-stage automated email nurturing campaign to reignite prospects’ interest and bring them back into the conversion funnel. Using a combination of proprietary software (Sparkroom) and an integration with IBM’s Silverpop ESP platform, Digital Media Solutions delivered timely and relevant branded content to target old prospects, providing:

- Automated, time-triggered emails

- Click-to-call buttons that render during business hours

- Real-time, personalized content

- Mobile-responsive email templates


The email marketing campaign substantially exceeded client target acquisition goals. 

Approximately 1.9% of the prospects re-inquired. Of those that re-inquired, 1% of prospects became customers at a cost per conversion that was 69% below our target.

Of the new customers, 40% re-inquired directly through the campaign landing page, while the remaining 60% came through at least one alternate channel, including the brand's website, other landing pages and third-party vendors.

These results  demonstrate how last-click attribution captures only a small portion of total digital campaign performance.

Want to improve conversions through email re-engagement? Contact DMS to get started.


About the Author

Digital Media Solutions

Digital Media Solutions, LLC (DMS) is the leading global martech company leveraging innovative, performance-driven brand direct and marketplace solutions to connect consumers and advertisers. DMS deploys a robust database of consumer intelligence and leverages massive proprietary media distribution to provide customer acquisition campaigns that grow businesses. Continuing to experience explosive year-over-year growth, DMS has been continuously recognized on the Inc. 5000 list, securing its sixth consecutive ranking in 2019, and the Entrepreneur magazine 360 list. Earlier this year, DMS announced it is anticipating becoming a public company under a reverse merger deal with Leo Holdings Corp. Named one of America’s “Best Places to Work” by Inc. magazine and awarded the Excellence in Lead Generation Award by the LeadsCouncil, DMS brings together some of the industry’s most knowledgeable people, efficient processes and sophisticated technology across the digital marketing spectrum. For more information about DMS, visit Keep up with DMS news at and connect with us on LinkedIn at

Follow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Digital Media Solutions
Previous Article
DMS Success Story: Calculating Intent to Increase Efficiency
DMS Success Story: Calculating Intent to Increase Efficiency

Challenge: Develop a scoring system to predict customer intent. Results: More rejected inquiries. Higher co...

Next Article
DMS Success Story: Balancing Share of Program Volume
DMS Success Story: Balancing Share of Program Volume

Challenge: Adjust the marketing campaign to push volume for the growing, hands-on program without increasin...

× Streams