Clearwater, FL – August 1, 2019 – Digital Media SolutionsTM (DMS), the fastest-growing independent digital performance marketing company, released its 2019 H1 Higher Education Inquiry Generation Review Report. The report, published by DMS Education, covers trends in the inquiry generation and student acquisition activities of higher education institutions for the period of January 2017-June 2019, with an emphasis on January-June 2019 (H1 2019). Compelling highlights from the report include:
- Higher Education Inquiry Volume Rising: Since 2017, higher education inquiry volume maintained an upward trend, despite fluctuations due to seasonality, driven heavily by growth for the online program format.
- Increased Higher Education Online Program Demand: Program inquiry volume from prospective students of online programs increased by 2.9% compared to H2 2018 and was up 10.8% year-over-year.
- Higher Education Conversion Rates Declining: Higher education inquiry conversion rates were down QOQ in Q1 2019, with the most significant declines being for campus-based programs and leads generated via first-party media channels.
- Increased Volume Of Newly Enrolled Students Engaged Via Social Media: With both conversion rates and share of inquiry volume trending upward, it seems that education marketers have identified how to successfully turn social media into a viable lead generation channel.
- Bachelor’s Degrees Retain Student Demand: Bachelor’s degrees held the dominant share of higher education inquiry volume at 33.8%, ranking highest of all degree levels for online program demand and second-highest for campus-based programs. Additionally, bachelor’s degrees provided the largest share of conversions in Q1 2019, representing 50.1% of all enrolled students.
- Increased Interest In Mechanic And Repair Tech Career Training: Mechanic and repair technology joined the list of top five most in-demand higher education categories for the first time, obtaining the largest volume increase of the top five categories.
The data used for this report is derived from aggregated higher education industry inquiries processed through and stored within Sparkroom® technology. Sparkroom is owned by Digital Media Solutions and is used by the DMS Education managed services team and licensed by a long list of higher education marketers to centralize marketing and lead data.
About Digital Media SolutionsTM
Founded by a team of lifelong athletes, Digital Media Solutions, LLC (DMS) is the fastest-growing independent digital performance marketing company. DMS deploys diversified and data-driven digital media customer acquisition solutions that deliver scalable, sustainable and measurable marketing results. The company’s precision performance marketing solutions connect the right consumers with the right offers at the right time to achieve the marketing objectives of clients in highly competitive industries. DMS continues to experience explosive year-over-year growth, with continuous recognition on the Inc. 5000 list in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; the Tampa Bay Business Journal’sTBBJ 200 List in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; and the Entrepreneur magazine 360 list in 2017 and 2018. Named one of America’s “Best Places to Work” by Inc.magazine and awarded the 2018 Excellence in Lead Generation Award by the LeadsCouncil, DMS brings together some of the industry’s most knowledgeable people, efficient processes and sophisticated technology across the digital marketing spectrum. The company continues to deliver on its strategic mission, which is backed by its board of investors including multi-billion-dollar Canadian private equity firm Clairvest Group. For more information about DMS or its performance marketing divisions including DMS Consumer Finance, DMS Education, DMS Engage, W4 Performance Ad Market, or the performance marketing technology Sparkroom, visit digitalmediasolutions.com. Keep up with DMS news at insights.digitalmediasolutions.com and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/digital-media-solutions-group.
© 2019 Digital Media Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Digital Media Solutions and its logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Digital Media Solutions, LLC. All other company and product names referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.