Clearwater, FL – March 4, 2019— Digital Media Solutions (DMS), the fastest-growing independent digital performance marketing company, announced new findings that reveal the top car makes and models on U.S. roads in 2018. According to DMS Auto Insights, the top 10 car companies in America including Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, GMC, Chrysler, account for more than two-thirds of cars currently on the road. Additionally, of the top 10 car makes, five are American and five are foreign brands. Chevrolet and Ford are the dominant automakers, equating to more than one-quarter of all cars on the road. BMW is the only luxury car brand in the top 10 car make list.
Additional highlights from the DMS Auto Insights include:
- Combined, the top 25 car models in the U.S. make up more than one-quarter of all the cars on the road.
- 16 of the top 25 car models are sedans, six are SUVs and three are pick-up trucks.
- Sedans: Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Impala, Chevrolet Malibu, Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Ford Focus, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra Hyundai Sonata Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Toyota Camry and Toyota Corolla.
- SUVs: Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Escape, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Nissan Rogue.
- Pick-Up Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado, Dodge Ram and Ford F-150.
- Six of the top 25 car models are compact cars: Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Sentra.
- Three of the top compact cars were cancelled for 2019: Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Impala and Ford Focus.
- Chevrolet, the most popular car brand in America, has six of the top 25 car models.
- The Nissan Altima is the most popular car model in America.
- The Ford F-150 is the most popular pick-up truck in America.
- The Chevrolet Equinox is the most popular SUV in America.
- No sports cars, minivans or luxury cars are on the top 25 car model list.
The data used for this report is derived from aggregated 2018 consumer auto warranty inquiries processed through Digital Media Solutions owned-and-operated and premium publisher partner websites. For more information on the DMS Auto Insights, click here.
About Digital Media Solutions
Founded by a team of lifelong athletes, Digital Media Solutions, LLC (DMS) is the fastest-growing independent digital performance marketing company. DMS deploys diversified and data-driven digital media customer acquisition solutions that deliver scalable, sustainable and measurable marketing results. The company’s precision performance marketing solutions connect the right consumers with the right offers at the right time to achieve the marketing objectives of clients in highly competitive industries. DMS continues to experience explosive year-over-year growth, with continuous recognition on the Inc. 5000 list in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s TBBJ 200 List in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; and the Entrepreneur magazine 360 list in 2017 and 2018. Named one of America’s “Best Places to Work” by Inc. magazine, DMS brings together some of the industry’s most knowledgeable people, efficient processes and sophisticated technology across the digital marketing spectrum. The company continues to deliver on its strategic mission, which is backed by its board of investors including multi-billion-dollar Canadian private equity firm Clairvest Group. For more information about DMS, its consumer finance-focused brand Best Rate Referrals, affiliate network W4 Performance Ad Market, education-branded platforms under DMS Education including CollegeAtlas.org and CourseAdvisor.com or the performance marketing technology Sparkroom, visit digitalmediasolutions.com. Keep up with DMS news at insights.digitalmediasolutions.com and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/digital-media-solutions-group.
© 2019 Digital Media Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Digital Media Solutions and its logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Digital Media Solutions, LLC. All other company and product names referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.