Digital Media Solutions, Inc. Announces Record-Breaking Quarter For Q2 2021 Revenue, Gross Profit Margin And Adjusted EBITDA
- Record revenue of $105.1 million and adjusted revenue of $109.3 million, up $29.9 million and $32.5 million year over year, respectively.
- Net income of $4.9 million, compared to net income of $2.1 million in the second quarter of 2020.
- Increased Variable Marketing Margin to $40.1 million, or 38.2%, compared to 32.0% in the first quarter of 2021 and 34.1% in the second quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $16.0 million, down 3.0% year over year, a reflection of the essential public company infrastructure investments made throughout the past twelve months.
- Announced third quarter 2021 revenue guidance of $108 - $110 million and adjusted revenue guidance of $113 - $115 million.
- Announced FY 2021 revenue guidance of $438 - $447 million and reiterated adjusted revenue guidance of $455 - $465 million and adjusted EBITDA of $72 - $75 million.
Clearwater, FL – August 9, 2021 – Digital Media Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: DMS), a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers, today announced strong quarterly results inclusive of expanded margins; substantial growth within insurance, its largest vertical; and strategic investments that boosted both revenue and efficiency in Q2 with continued and long-term benefits expected.
“Our strong second-quarter performance is thanks to a confluence of circumstances that we strategically and deliberately constructed for ourselves,” noted Joe Marinucci, Chief Executive Officer at DMS. “We continue to see a competitive advantage as a result of leveraging our first-party data asset, proprietary technology and expansive media reach, which, even in an environment of rising cost per impression, allows us to operate with greater efficiency, thus resulting in higher-quality targeted engagements, benefiting consumers and advertisers alike. Additionally, we played from strength to strength, leveraging the growing consumer and advertiser demand for auto insurance, to more than double quote request volume. And, we made strategic investments, in terms of acquisitions, technology enhancements and new hires, that boosted every part of our business. Lastly, the advancements we made during the second quarter should serve us well during the upcoming open enrollment period (“OEP”) and holiday shopping seasons.”
For more, read the full press release here.
 See below under "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" for definitions and reconciliations between GAAP information and non-GAAP information, including adjusted revenue and adjusted EBITDA.