DMS Releases First-Party Data-Based Report On Top Car Makes By State
Clearwater, FL – April 11, 2019 – With summer driving season just around the corner, new data from Digital Media Solutions (DMS) takes a deeper look into the top car makes among U.S. consumers by state. The DMS Auto Insights: Top Car Makes By State snapshot report reveals that 21 states include Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Nissan and Toyota in their top five car makes, while just one state includes Subaru among the top contenders.
Regional tastes appear to be at play when it comes to top car makes across the country:
- Most popular: for almost half of the states across the U.S., the most popular car makes are Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Nissan and Toyota
- GMC: Popular in the upper Midwest
- Chrysler: A top car in three states near Auburn Hills, Michigan, the location of their headquarters
- Honda: Most common in wealthier states, along West Coast states (including Hawaii) and in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions
- Jeep: A top car brand for two mountainous states: Montana and West Virginia
- Subaru: Achieves the top-five list for only Vermont, a state known to be liberal
According to previously released data, the top 10 car makes on the road in the U.S. in 2018 included Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, GMC and Chrysler.
Experts say the automotive industry in America has been shifting away from cars toward pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles and crossovers. Additionally, improving economic conditions for U.S. consumers have provided an uptick in sales of new vehicles.
The DMS Auto Insights: Top Car Makes By State snapshot covers trends for the period of January 2018-December 2018. The results provided are based on a DMS-created statistically relevant aggregate sampling of its owned-and-operated website data. Analyzed data did not contain personal identification information.