*Last updated on: 11/1/19
The downturn in undergraduate student enrollment at many universities is putting pressure on marketers to deliver. In this environment, higher education institutions are developing their programs to cater to the various needs of students and employers. Higher education marketers can reference the New Higher Education Programs of 2019 list to better understand their competition and focus on streamlining and improving their school’s programs.
Agriculture, Agriculture Operations And Related Sciences
- Minor in Agribusiness (CIP Code: 01.0102) at Florida Gulf Coast University: This minor is intended to provide students with the knowledge of how to support business functions across the agriculture industry. Students take courses in agribusiness finance, agribusiness marketing and agribusiness supply chain management.
Architecture And Related Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (CIP Code: 04.02) at Belmont University: The first Bachelor of Architecture program offered in Middle Tennessee launching in fall 2020, this program will provide students a direct path to pursue licensure in their field within five years.
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Architecture and Design (CIP Code: 04.0501) at University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth: This program is intended to prepare students for professional-level entrance into the design field. Students will have the opportunity to learn contemporary design techniques, have access to design technology, build personal portfolios and gain workplace experience through internships.
Area, Ethnic, Cultural And Gender Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Hispanic Studies (CIP Code: 05.0107) at Graceland University: This program requires 42 semester hours, including the completion of the Spanish Language Program, Latin American History I and II, and includes elective courses that address cross-cultural themes.
- Bachelor of Arts in East Asian Studies (CIP Code: 05.01074) at University of North Georgia: This program allows students to choose a concentration in either Chinese, Japanese or Korean studies and will be offered through a mix of in-person and online classes. The major also requires students to study abroad in Asia for at least one summer, while being encouraged to go for a semester.
Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Associate of Science in Biotechnology (CIP Code: 26.1201) at Amarillo College: This program will equip students with skills and knowledge on technology that harnesses cellular and molecular processes to develop products that help improve human health.
- D.O and Ph.D. in Medical and Biological Sciences (CIP Code: 26.0101) at New York Institute of Technology: This 90-credit, seven-year program, offers students coursework in biomedical and anatomical systems. Students also carry out in-depth research projects under the mentorship of NYITCOM faculty members leading to a doctoral thesis.
- Master of Science in Pharmacology (CIP Code: 26.1007) at Wilkes University: This 36-credit, 2-year, research-driven degree prepares students to learn about the disposition of drugs in humans while discussing the latest medicinal developments, regulations and therapies.
Business, Management, Marketing And Related Support Services
- Master of Arts in Social Innovation (CIP Code: 52.0704) at Agnes Scott College: This 33-credit hour program aims to teach students how to take business principles and adapt them to solve complex real-world challenges and create a more socially-just world. Some courses offered include Foundations in Social Policy, Principles of Evaluation Design, Emerging Technologies and Digital Portfolio Design.
- Master of Science in Applied Technology (CIP Code: 52.0210) at Agnes Scott College: This 33-credit hour program strives to teach students how to make effective decisions about the use of technology within an organization. Course options include Foundations of Applied Technology, Systems and Critical Thinking, Data Collection and Project Management.
- Ed.D in Higher Education Leadership and Organizational Studies (CIP Code: 52.1003) at Bay Path University: This program teaches students how to re-imagine institutions, make tough decisions and re-examine whether old ways of doing business are still relevant.
- Evening Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (CIP Code: 52.0201) at Dominican University: This program allows students to pursue their studies while working full-time and is designed for those who already have associate degrees in finance, management or marketing. The Evening BBA is offered mainly online but requires students to go to class on campus for a few nights each week. Students’ skills are enhanced through entrepreneurship practicums, internships and a required capstone.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance (CIP Code: 52.0801) at East Stroudsburg University: This 48-credit program will provide students with essential knowledge in corporate finance, investment analysis and international financial management.
- Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management (CIP Code: 52.0901) at Florida International University: This program offers a new, fully online master’s degree in hospitality management with a specialization in mega-event planning for those who have mastered the basics of event management.
- B.S.B.A. in Financial Planning (CIP Code: 52.0804) at Robert Morris University: This program prepares students for careers in wealth management and financial planning in part by providing personal financial advisors to help give advice on investments, insurance, mortgages and taxes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Marketing and Merchandising (CIP Code: 52.1902) at Sacred Heart University: This 27-credit program includes a rotation of fashion electives. Students also have the opportunity to study abroad in Milan and Paris for a two-week, three-credit, fashion brand marketing class.
- Certificate Program in Mobile Food Service (CIP Code: 52.0905) at Schenectady County Community College: Launching fall 2019, this 26-credit program prepares students to work for or start their own mobile food service operations by offering courses with topics in menu development, equipment maintenance, codes and regulations, sanitation and marketing.
- Associate of Science in Hospitality Management (CIP Code: 52.0901) at Seminole State College of Florida: This program is designed to provide real-world experience by offering study abroad opportunities in hospitality and selected culinary experiences so students can be well-versed in the global aspects of the industry.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management in Technology (CIP Code: 52.1206) at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology: This new program being offered fall of 2019 allows students to take STEM classes along with the required courses of calculus, business statistics, chemistry, physics and managerial communications.
- Master of Science in Financial Analytics (CIP Code: 52.0801) at University of Dallas: This program combines principles from science, technology, engineering and mathematics with business and finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science (CIP Code: 52.1301) at University of New England: This 122-credit program helps inspire students to become innovators who make impactful contributions through data analysis, modeling, computation and simulation. Some of the required courses include Statistics for Life Sciences, Data Structures, Database Design and Predictive Analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science (CIP Code: 52.1301) at University of the Sciences: This program provides students the opportunity to gain skills to unlock scientific insights and tackle complex multidisciplinary problems. Students are instructed on how to work with data from a variety of different sources and formats, apply mathematical and statistical techniques to solve real-world problems and evaluate data quality. Course options include Data Visualization, Regression Analysis and Database Design.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics (CIP Code: 52.1301) at University of Scranton: Students pursuing a major in business analytics can develop hands-on skills in using advanced analytical techniques, such as data mining, predictive analytics and statistics, to evaluate large amounts of data collected from e-commerce transactions.
- Master of Science in Data Science (CIP Code: 52.1301) at University of West Florida: This program offers both online and face-to-face courses that use a synchronous online format which requires students to take courses in IT, computer science, math, physics or another related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science (CIP Code: 52.1301) at Willamette University: Students have the opportunity to learn from professors who are experts in computer science, math, statistics and the social and natural sciences. They can also gain invaluable experience through internships or research projects that connect their studies to real-world data and organizations.
Communication, Journalism And Related Programs
- Master of Arts in Writing and Digital Communication (CIP Code: 09.0908) at Agnes Scott College: This 33-credit hour program strives to teach students how to use established and emerging technologies to become more powerful communicators. The school invites guest speakers and mentors from Atlanta’s extensive digital media, nonprofit and corporate communities to bring relevant professional connections to the program.
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital and Social Media Design (CIP Code: 09.0702) at Anna Maria College: Students completing this program will have the opportunity to experience professional practice, internships and capstones to learn how the marketing mix impacts marketing results.
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television (CIP Code: 09.0701) at California Lutheran University: This new program includes courses in advanced television production, post-production, distribution and introduction to film studies. Students can also take research methods and capstone classes and complete internships or independent studies.
- Global Bachelor of Arts in International and Political Communication (CIP Code: 09.0904) at Emerson College and Franklin University: This new dual degree program allows students to gain an international perspective on U.S. domestic politics that will set them apart from students who have not studied outside of the U.S.
- Master of Science in Communication and Digital Marketing (CIP Code: 09.0702) at Georgian Court University: This curriculum spans 10 three-credit courses that can be completed online in one year or extended to a two-year span. Coursework encompasses digital marketing, campaign management, branding, media law and business analytics.
- Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication (CIP Code: 09.0909) at Marquette University: This program is Marquette University’s first fully online undergraduate degree program, which teaches students how strategic communication shapes corporate identity, branding, culture, mission, and vision.
- Post-Baccalaureate in Digital Communication (CIP Code: 09.0702) at Meredith College: This 16-credit program prepares individuals who hold four-year degrees in any major for careers in the field of digital communication.
- Bachelor of Science in Communication, Media and Design (CIP Code: 09.0702) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: This program is focused on developing versatile, professional and creative communicators for 21st century multimedia and multicultural environments. Coursework includes rhetoric and writing, visual design, interactive narrative and cross-cultural media.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications (CIP Code: 09.0100) at Siena College: Approved from the New York State Education Department, the newest program from Siena College explores the theory and practice of a rapidly evolving media. Students are required to take courses in journalism, marketing communications and digital marketing, political communications and sports communications.
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication (CIP Code: 09.0909) at St. John Fisher College: This program includes a two-credit practicum for candidates either through a 10-day trip abroad focused on building insights into global communications or an executive-level immersion experience at an organization in the student’s city of residence.
- Online Graduate Certificate in STEM Leadership Communication (CIP Code: 09.0100) at Texas Tech University: This 12-hour online certificate program offers professionals in science, technology and healthcare the opportunity to gain the communication skills they need to advance their careers as leaders in the academic, industrial or public sectors. The three required courses for the online certificate are Professional Communication in Health, Science and Technology, Audience and Data Analysis and Reporting, and STEM Leadership Communication Capstone.
- Master’s Degree in Public Interest Communications (CIP Code: 09.0900) at University of Florida: This program is an online master’s degree that focuses on the development and implementation of planned strategic communication campaigns with the main goal of achieving positive social change.
Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security (CIP Code: 11.1003) at Albertus Magnus College: This degree is a 120-credit undergraduate program, which consists of 48 credits in General Education, 33 credits in Computer Information Systems, 18 credits in Criminal Justice and 21 elective credits.
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Management (CIP Code: 11.1003) at Auburn University: Offered online and on campus, this program enables IT professionals and other business managers to successfully evaluate security measures, assess organizational threat exposure and develop effective plans for mitigating risk across various business operations.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (CIP Code: 11.0701) at Bethel University: This program will give students the opportunity to participate in the R.E.A.L. (Relevant Skills, Experiential and Applied Learning) Experience – a program designed to help them gain hands-on experience in computer architecture, networking and web development.
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security (CIP Code: 11.1003) at Dunwoody College of Technology: This four semester program consists of all-evening courses taught in a lecture and lab format. Coursework includes systems and software security, scripting for cyber professionals and data protection laws.
- Master of Science in Predictive Analytics (CIP Code: 11.0301) at Moravian College: This program is Moravian College’s first online Graduate Business program in partnership with Extension Engine to help strengthen the school’s commitment towards innovation and data analytics.
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity (CIP Code: 11.1003) at Mount Saint Mary College: This new major will help students learn the necessary skills to mitigate security vulnerabilities in software applications by offering courses focused on digital forensics, “ethical hacking” and penetration testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences and Technology (CIP Code: 11.0103) at Pennsylvania State University: Students in this program will gain experience in three key areas: designing and building useful technologies, identifying opportunities to enhance user experiences and using methods to identify how technology can better support human activity.
- Master of Science in Cyber Intelligence (CIP Code: 11.1003) at University of Dallas: Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency, this program combines cybersecurity principles with the most relevant programming techniques.
- Ed.D in Higher Education Leadership and Organizational Studies (CIP Code: 13.0401) at Bay Path University: This program teaches students how to re-imagine institutions, make tough decisions and re-examine whether old ways of doing business are still relevant.
- M.S.Ed. in Special Education (CIP Code: 13.1019) at Black Hills State University: This program is offered online and helps students develop strategies for managing academic and behavioral problems by offering courses in pre-professional, special ed, teaching and general ed. Internships and field experiences are also offered.
- Online M.S.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction (CIP: 13.0301) at Iowa Wesleyan University: This eight-week, 33-credit hour program helps students gain knowledge on today’s educational problems, evaluate educational research and learn how to make data-driven decisions. This program offers courses in advanced assessment, teacher leadership and advanced classroom management.
- B.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Education and Training (CIP Code: 13.1210) at Virginia Commonwealth University: This program focuses on providing students with solid foundations in child development, educational psychology and the role of family and society in education.
- B.S.Ed. in Elementary Education and Teaching (CIP Code: 13.1202) at Virginia Commonwealth University: This program helps students develop skills to advocate for equitable learning opportunities for all children.
- B.S.Ed. in Secondary Education and Teaching (CIP Code: 13.1205) at Virginia Commonwealth University: This program offers students solid foundations in secondary education, engineering, mathematics and sciences.
- B.S.Ed. in Special Education and Teaching/General (CIP Code: 13.1019) at Virginia Commonwealth University: This program engages students in academic and professional experiences that help them serve as educators in schools and community-based settings.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (CIP Code: 14.1001) at Purdue University: This program is one of three new online master’s degrees offered in partnership with edX, an online course provider, and supported by Kaplan Higher Education. It offers students courses in automatic controls, nanotechnology and image processing, and requires 30 credit hours of coursework.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (CIP Code: 14.1001) at Western Illinois University: This program allows students to gain real-world experience with industry and business professionals from EE Internships and capstone Senior Design projects.
- Bachelor and Master of Science in Robotics Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0405) at Columbus State University: This program offers facilities for 3D design and printing, robotics teacher training, student research, and competitions.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0201) at Purdue University: This program is one of three new online master’s degrees offered in partnership with edX, an online course provider, and supported by Kaplan Higher Education. It offers students various courses in advanced electronics with strong lab components, and requires 30 credit hours of coursework.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0805) at Purdue University: This program is one of three new online master’s degrees offered in partnership with edX, an online course provider, and supported by Kaplan Higher Education. It offers students various courses in bioengineering, robotics, fluid mechanics and nanotechnology.
- Master of Science in Engineering Management (CIP Code: 15.1501) at Tennessee Tech University: This online interdisciplinary program offered collaboratively with the College of Engineering and College of Business is designed to provide early-career engineering and related professionals with leadership and technical skills to enhance their job performance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0805) at University of Scranton: This 131-credit program allows students to specialize in several areas, including biomechanics, energy conversion, fracture mechanics and more. The curriculum includes research and internship opportunities, as well as mentoring and individual advising to help fully develop students’ interests.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0201) at University of Southern Indiana: This program is 127 hours, which includes 47 hours of core civil engineering courses and 16 hours of engineering electives.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (CIP Code: 15.0201) at Western Illinois University: This program helps students develop knowledge in four areas: Geomechanics, Hydrology, Structures and Transportation with an internship requirement.
English Language And Literature/Letters
- Low Residency M.F.A. in Creative Writing (CIP Code: 23.1302) at Cornell College: This residency consists of five semesters in which students attend workshops, panel discussions and lectures to ultimately help plan discussions from their own creative thesis.
Foreign Languages, Literatures And Linguistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in American Sign Language and Deaf Studies (CIP Code: 16.1601) at University of Kansas and Johnson County Community College: This program requires a total of 30-33 credit hours and for students to complete two of four academic tracks: Deaf Studies and Social Justice, Advanced ASL, Becoming an Interpreter or Professional Interpreting.
- Certificate Program in Spanish/English Translation and Interpreting (CIP Code: 16.0103) at University of New Orleans: This program will appeal to professionals in legal and healthcare fields seeking additional skills to better serve clients and patients, or bilingual individuals who would like to enhance their professional skillset.
Health Professions And Related Clinical Sciences
- Master of Science in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (CIP Code: 51.3810) at Briar Cliff University: Beginning in fall 2019, the program focuses on the care of individuals with psychiatric mental health conditions across the lifespan by including specialty courses in neuroscience of pharmacology.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (CIP Code: 51.3801) at Cabrini University: Students can gain insight into the theories and concepts essential to nursing practice, professionalism and their roles as members of inter-professional healthcare terms.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CIP Code: 51.1508) at Cazenovia College: This program prepares students to become informed and ethical practitioners, equipped with tools for mental health counseling in individual, family and group settings.
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (CIP Code: 51.0203) at Concordia University of Wisconsin: This two-year graduate program offers access to off-site community service and clinical opportunities to prepare students to become competent and respectful speech-language pathologists.
- Doctorate in Health Science (CIP Code: 51.0001) at East Stroudsburg University: This degree offers two concentrations where students can choose Health Management and Administration or Advanced Research Administration. The core courses focus on communication, leadership theory, ethics and advanced research methods.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (CIP Code: 51.0701) at Fairfield University: This 42-credit program complements various fields of study from nursing to science to business. Students can take courses across a variety of disciplines including economics, accounting, healthcare systems, marketing, information technology and leadership. In the final year of the program, students have the opportunity for practicum experiences in healthcare organizations.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Social Work (CIP Code: 51.1503) at Fairfield University: This program allows students to learn in collaboration with one another across the disciplines of nursing, health studies and public health.
- Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (CIP Code: 51.2306) at Marquette University: This program is a three-year professional course of study in occupational therapy theory, research and practice intended to also benefit students with learning opportunities from other health disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management (CIP Code: 51.2706) at Mary Baldwin University: Students will earn digital badge credentials while enrolled in the program as well as professional skills such as project management and communication.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Nursing and Public Health (CIP Code: 51.3805) at Moravian College: This program is a traditional four-year, pre-licensure baccalaureate (BSN) program, with a 16-month long, pre-licensure accelerated BSN program for college graduates, a baccalaureate degree-completion program for registered nurses (RN to BSN) and a master’s (MSN) program.
- Physician Assistant Studies (CIP Code: 51.0716) at Morehouse School of Medicine: This is a 28-month, seven-semester academic professional degree program that includes basic science and clinical coursework, clinical skills training and supervised clinical practice.
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders (CIP Code: 51.0201) at Sacred Heart University: This program prepares students in the fields of speech language pathology or audiology
- Bachelor of Arts in Medical Humanities (CIP Code: 51.3201) at Saint Leo University: This program is for students who are interested in the way individuals adapt to human development and suffering. Students are required to take two foundation courses and a course in bio ethics, and then they have the option to choose between the pre-medical track and the health and humanities track.
- Certificate Program in Medical Billing and Coding (CIP Code: 51.0713) at San Bernardino Valley College: This certificate program is intended for students who are interested in working for physicians’ offices, hospital settings or areas that specifically deal with billing in the medical field. Students are required to take courses in biology, keyboarding, business English and medical terminology.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (CIP Code: 51.0913) at University of West Florida: This program meets local, state and national needs for licensed, qualified athletic training professionals.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion and Health Equity (CIP Code: 51.2207) at University of Wisconsin at Madison: This 120-credit program is broadly designed to provide students with the skills to facilitate healthy practices at the individual and societal levels by teaching them about the foundations of healthy promotion and equity interventions and how to evaluate strengths and weaknesses in health promotion programs.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Engineering (CIP Code: 51.2010) at Virginia Commonwealth University: As the nation’s first Ph.D. program in pharmaceutical engineering, this program focuses on research and training students in areas of drug product development, such as continuous manufacturing and drug-containing nanomaterials.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (CIP Code: 51.0913) at Winona State University: This program is designed with a heavy focus on clinical education, and students will gain hands-on practical experiences under the direct supervision of a preceptor.
Legal Professions And Studies
- Certificate in Cannabis Industry (CIP Code: 22.0299) at Berkshire Community College: This program will provide students with the skills and knowledge to work professionally in the areas of cannabis cultivation, processing, preparation, retail and outreach.
- Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Cannabis Control (CIP Code: 22.0299) at Clark University: This is the nation’s first Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Cannabis Control, an online three-course graduate certificate program beginning fall 2019.
Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities for Public Service (CIP Code: 24.0103) at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University: This 120-credit hour program allows students to study approaches to serving communities across the world while questioning value, meaning, conflict and change. Courses include Intro to Appalachian Studies, Religion in the Modern World, The Creative Process and Multicultural Communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability Studies (CIP Code: 30.3301) at Muhlenberg College: This program explores how sustainability impacts the world by offering courses regarding social justice, economic development and policy and practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science (CIP Code: 30.7001) at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology: Intended as a secondary major, this program requires 72 course credit hours and a senior capstone experience. Courses include database systems, statistical programming, business and engineering ethics and data mining.
- B.A. and B.S. in Sustainability (CIP Code: 30.3301) at University of Dayton: The B.A. degree will have tracks in food studies and urban sustainability among others, while the B.S. degree will have tracks in energy and sustainable watersheds among others.
Natural Resources And Conservation
- B.S.B.A. in Environmental Studies (CIP Code: 03.0103) at Elmhurst College: This new program will prepare students for careers in environmental policy analysis, urban and regional planning, environmental advocacy and natural resource management and research.
Parks, Recreation, Leisure And Fitness Studies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport and Recreation Management (CIP Code: 31.0504) at Curry College: This program is focused on preparing students for careers in professional sports, recreation departments, nonprofits and event management. Topics and courses include, but are not limited to, administration, governance, marketing, revenue streams, sponsorships, sales and strategy and leadership.
- Associate’s Degree in Pre-Sports Management (CIP Code: 31.0504) at Grand Rapids Community College: Starting fall 2019, this program will prepare students for leadership and administrative roles in sports organizations by offering courses in microeconomics, psychology, statistics, general anatomy and business.
- Master’s Degree and Graduate Certificates in Sport Studies (CIP Code: 31.0508) at Tulane University: In collaboration with the Center for Sport at Tulane University, this program provides students opportunities to earn “stackable certificates,” which can be used to fulfil academic requirements for more advanced programs.
- B.S.Ed. in Health and Physical Education (CIP Code: 31.0501) at Virginia Commonwealth University: This program will focus on providing students with the knowledge and experiences they need to implement national and state health and physical education standards.
- Welding Skills Certificate Program (CIP Code: 48.0508) at Grand Rapids Community College: This program will prepare students for entry-level positions over two semesters so they can enter jobs in the manufacturing, petroleum, aerospace, automation and medical fields.
- Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis (CIP Code: 42.2814) at University of Alabama at Huntsville: This program offers face-to-face and online courses which apply scientific methods to develop programs and services for individuals with unique behavior needs.
- Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis (CIP Code: 42.2814) at University of North Texas: This program is intended to prepare students for certifications as Board Certified Behavior Analysts by offering courses on principles of behaviors, research methodologies and how to design procedures for systematic application of behavioral technologies.
Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Master of Arts in Human Rights (CIP Code: 44.0504) at Catholic University: This program helps prepare students to articulate and advocate an understanding of domestic and international human rights, in the light of Christian faith. The degree draws courses from five schools at Catholic University: the schools of philosophy, theology and religious studies, law, canon law and arts and sciences.
- Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership (CIP Code: 44.0702) at St. Thomas University: This program strives to equip students with the skills, competencies and capacities necessary for leading the next generation of ethical global corporations and communities. Courses include Leadership Foundations, Organizational Behavior, Global Ethics in World Religions and Managing Technology.
Mechanic and Repair Technology
We were unable to identify any new higher education programs launched in 2019 in the mechanic and repair technology category, the fifth-ranked higher education category.
Security And Protective Services
- Associate Degree in Public Safety Administration (CIP Code: 43.0103) at Piedmont Community College: This program provides courses such as public service administration and education, crisis leadership, agency financial management and incident management and enables students to obtain academic credit for previously earned credentials within the public safety sector.
- Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security (CIP Code: 43.03) at University of Arkansas: This 12-credit hour program can be completed in two to four eight-week sessions, and is designed to prepare students to take the Certified Protection Professional exam.
- Doctorate Degree in International Affairs (CIP Code: 45.0901) at Johns Hopkins University: This program provides students with the practical skills and experience needed to become the next generation of senior-level policy experts, national security analysts, development strategists, and senior officials in government, nonprofit and private sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Rights, and Justice (CIP Code: 45.0401) at Linfield College: This program helps students examine the relationships between law, rights and competing concepts of justice by offering courses in political science, philosophy, history, English, business and public policy.
Transportation And Materials Moving
- Bachelor of Science in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CIP Code: 49.0104) at Elizabeth City State University: Approved by the U.S. Department of Education, this program launching in fall 2019 will allow students to receive drone pilot training, mission planning, data processing and system design and integration.
Visual And Performing Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (CIP Code: 50.0101) at Augustana University: This program will let students select at least one emphasis area from the seven offered: ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking or sculpture.
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater Education (CIP Code: 50.0501) at Indiana Wesleyan University: This program requires students to complete a total of 124-126 credit hours, including general education, teacher education, theater and elective courses.
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (CIP Code: 50.0101) at Lawrence University: In order to get accepted into this program, students must first audition with a musical piece from any genre. Once accepted, students may study music with a choice of another field in liberal arts. They can take about two-thirds of their classes in their major area of study and about one-third in general education or electives.
- Doctorate of Design (CIP Code: 50.0408) at North Carolina State University: This program is 54 credits and six semesters tailored for the pursuit of original design-based investigations. Students are required to take courses in research in design, case study analysis in design and design practice leadership and ethics.
- Master of Art in Art Education (CIP Code: 50.0101) at School of Visual Arts: This 36-credit program can be completed in either a full-time, one-year program or a part-time, two-year program. Coursework relates directly to fieldwork and student teaching through discussion of course development, classroom management and age-appropriate application of educational theory.
- Master’s Degree in Serious Games (CIP Code: 50.0411) at University of California, Santa Cruz: This program trains students over five academic quarters in six key areas: game design, game technology, eliciting and integrating subject matter knowledge, designing and conducting efficacy measures, effective teamwork and career planning.
- Bachelor of Arts in Technical Art History (CIP Code: 50.0703) at West Virginia University: This program is the first degree of its kind in the nation, offering close studies of physical objects using scientific methods with the humanities-based research of art history.
Note: This list will continue to be updated over time. Have a new program that launched in 2019 at your school? Email email@example.com to tell us about it.
About the AuthorMore Content by Jennifer Chang