Higher education institutions are developing their programs to cater to the various needs of students to best prepare them for the evolving job market. In January 2020, many universities have started new academic programs to open up more opportunities for students to pursue careers that interest and inspire them. Higher education marketers can reference the new programs list to better understand their competition and focus on streamlining and improving their school’s programs.
Agriculture, Agriculture Operations And Related Sciences
- Associate of Applied Science in Viticulture and Enology (CIP Code: 01.0309) at Palo Alto College: This 60-credit-hour program strives to give students a thorough, scientific understanding of the wine-making process through hands-on lab experiences and behind-the-scenes tours at local wineries. Students will have the chance to learn about the variety of grapes and wines around the world, food safety and packaging, marketing and business management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Wine Production and Management (CIP Code: 01.0309) at Sonoma State University (SSU): In partnership with Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC), this joint program provides a four-year degree transition pathway for SRJC viticulture and enology students and expands SSU’s wine business program to include a wine production track. SRJC students can complete their general elective and wine production coursework at SRJC to earn their associate degrees before transferring to SSU to complete their wine business classes to earn their bachelor’s degrees.
Area, Ethnic, Cultural And Gender Studies
- Associate’s Degree in Latinx Studies (CIP Code: 05.0107) at Holyoke Community College: This program is intended to give students who want to work with diverse communities and cultures a curriculum that provides critical civic engagement, understanding and appreciation of the Latin language, culture and literature.
Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Neuroscience (CIP Code: 26.1501) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: This program explores the structure and function of the brain and nervous system. The curriculum strives to help students build a solid foundation in the life sciences, chemistry, physics and math.
- Master of Science in Neuroscience (CIP Code: 26.1501) at St. John's University: This program is designed for natural, physical and social scientists who wish to expand their career options to the field of neuroscience. Students have the opportunity to acquire the critical, analytical and decision-making skills that can help them find careers in research, government, pharmacy and biotechnology.
Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Master of Science in Cyber Security, Technology and Policy (CIP Code: 11.1003) at University of Texas at Dallas: This program provides the opportunity for students with prior computer science experience and those with nontechnical experience to learn strategic, policy and analytic aspects of cybersecurity. This program also provides public policy courses regarding privacy, ethics and data security, in relation to cyber security.
- Master of Arts in Education with a Concentration in Digital Media Instruction (CIP Code: 13.0101) at Northern Vermont University: This 36-credit online master of education program is designed for classroom teachers, educational technology specialists, college instructors and other instructional professionals who wish to learn how to employ digital media to enhance their teaching. The program combines educational principals with digital media instruction methods.
Health Professions And Related Clinical Services
- Master of Science in Nursing in Patient Quality and Safety (CIP Code: 51.3801) at Fayetteville State University: This program strives to provide nurse leaders with the expertise required to meet the demands of providing safe and effective healthcare at the regional, state and national levels.
- Master of Arts in Yoga Studies (CIP Code: 51.3602) at Naropa University: This program aims to address the history and philosophies of yoga, with a deep engagement into yoga’s most transformative meditative practices. Coursework includes Yoga & Globalization, Hindu Tantra and Sanskrit I-IV.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (CIP Code: 51.0000) at Rivier University: This program aims to help prepare students seeking careers in healthcare. The degree includes detailed coursework and hands-on laboratory training in anatomy and physiology, medical microbiology, behavioral science and more. Students will also have opportunities to complete internships in their areas of healthcare interest.
Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Master of Arts in Scientific Literacy and Integrity (CIP Code: 24.0101) at St. John's University: This 30-credit program is intended to help students with undergraduate backgrounds in the natural and social sciences develop the leadership and reasoning skills needed to address the current challenges of scientific research.
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Food Systems (CIP Code: 30.3301) at Johnson & Wales University: This program aims to teach students the essential skills needed for working with and understanding food systems, food security and public health and policy. Courses include Cultivating Local Food Systems, Growing for the Menu and Politics of Food, Home Security & Social Justice.
Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Master of Arts in Catholic Studies (CIP Code: 38.0208) at Franciscan University of Steubenville: This program focuses on Catholic culture and thought from ancient times through today. To fulfill the credit requirements, students can choose from an array of electives, including courses in Philosophy of Religion, Nature Law and Natural Lights and Virtues and Morality.
Want to see programs that were added in 2019? Click here to view our New Higher Education Programs Of 2019 list.
Looking For New Opportunities To Reach Prospective Higher Education Students?
DMS EducationTM manages an extensive portfolio of owned-and-operated, education-focused properties that attract high-intent prospective students. Using a combination of rich content, school rankings and extensive student resources, we help prospective students identify the programs and colleges that best match their education objectives.