Each week, lately, I find myself looking back at where we were a year ago. A year ago today, we were facing the danger, fear and difficulty of the unknown of the pandemic. And, we knew we had to show courage through mental and moral strength to venture, persevere and withstand.
A Year Ago, We Knew We Had To Dig Deep.
We knew it would not be easy, but we had confidence in our ability to succeed in the face of tremendous adversity. A year ago, we decided to thrive, no matter what lay ahead.
- We had self confidence. We believed in ourselves 100%.
- We had conviction. We made a point to state what we were doing and how we would do it.
- We had integrity. We frequently talked about the differences between right and wrong, and we made decisions backed by respect, integrity, gratitude and love.
- We showed leadership. We led from the front and encouraged others to join us.
- We practiced compassion. We used empathy and compassion as a way to foster deeper connections.
- We were objective. We put emotions aside when we needed to so we could make decisions based on facts without bias.
- We showed strength in adversity. We always found the gift in the challenge.
- We had grit. No matter what we faced, we knew there was a way to succeed.
- We put in the reps. We knew tomorrow would be easier because of the work we did today.
- We were change masters. When change was needed, we leaned in and not away.
Now look at us today. We survived, and we thrived.
We are where we are now because of the actions we proactively took a year ago.