According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), Mother’s Day 2021 spending is expected to exceed $28 billion. “There is a lot of consumer optimism around Mother’s Day this year, as more people are getting vaccinated and stimulus checks are being distributed,” said Matthew Shay, NRF president and CEO. “For many, this is a chance to make up for last year’s Mother’s Day when we were under lockdown.”
To celebrate Mother’s Day and other gift-giving holidays throughout the year, many gourmet gift brands including Harry & David, Goldbelly and Godiva launch social media campaigns, host virtual events, create curated gift lists and offer promotions and discounts to help gift givers find the most perfect and delicious items. Whether it’s for new moms or grandmoms, food gifts are always a good idea.
Harry & David Creates Mother’s Day Content Across Social To Celebrate Moms And Offer Gift Suggestions
Harry & David, a favorite purveyor of gift givers everywhere, launched several Mother’s Day activations promoted across social media channels including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Social media traffic can drive both paid and organic traffic and conversions for brands, particularly when linked to promotional landing pages or inspiring content. The Harry & David social media strategy is inclusive of multiple campaigns the brand has kicked off for Mother’s Day, including:
- Blog posts from Harry & David that suggest ways to celebrate Mother’s Day with Harry & David products, like a Mom-osa bar and a Mother’s Day dessert board, promoted on Twitter and Instagram.
- A hashtag campaign #NoLimitsOnLove, which features interviews with “people from across the country who have stories about how their moms filled their lives with love.”
- A special Mother’s Day video with partner brand Wolferman’s Bakery that includes a French toast recipe and discussions “about how to manage stress as a parent” and “tips for supporting the moms you know.”
Goldbelly Offers Special Mother’s Day Products Shipped From Partners All Over The Country Plus Interactive Content For DIY Fun
During the pandemic, Goldbelly, a “curated online marketplace for regional and artisanal foods crafted by local food purveyors throughout the U.S,” was a favorite for many consumers who were missing their go-to restaurants around the country. By leveraging ecommerce and working with more than 800 restaurants to deliver gourmet meals directly to customers, Goldbelly was able to scale brand awareness and revenue.
This Mother’s Day Goldbelly is offering a curated list of Mother’s Day treats from chefs around the country. Shoppers can filter for editor’s picks, items that will arrive by Mother’s Day and products that come with free shipping. For consumers, shopping well ahead of holidays has become more commonplace since production and shipping delays due to coronavirus still linger. Brands able to meet delivery demands may be more likely to garner loyalty. In addition to the gourmet treats, Goldbelly is hosting an exclusive cake decorating class for Mother’s Day, with celebrity chef Buddy Valastro. Virtual events continue to be popular with consumers and represent opportunities to create brand awareness and encourage engagement.
Godiva Offers Discounts For Mother’s Day Gifters And Partners With Papyrus For Promotions
Chocolates and greeting cards are classic Mother’s Day gifts, and Godiva wants to make sure moms get their fix this year. For gift givers that want to “treat mom to the best” Godiva is promoting several discounts and deals on the Godiva website. By using the code “mom,” shoppers get $10 or $20 off, depending on how much they spend. A designated Mother’s Day tab on the Godiva website steers shoppers to gift options, including a unique “spring” designed box or tin. Godiva also partnered with stationery brand Papyrus on a special giveaway for moms, which the brands are promoting on Twitter and Instagram. Discounts and partnerships can drive sales and increase visibility during special holidays when effectively shared on digital channels like email, social and push notifications.
Are You Looking For New Ways To Reach Targeted Audiences?
Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven digital performance advertising company connecting consumers with advertisers. Contact DMS today to learn how our first-party data asset, proprietary technology and expansive media reach can help you grow.
Related News About Mom-Focused Campaigns
- Brands Know Moms Matter, On Mother's Day And All Year Long
- Brands & Retailers Innovate With Baby Registries To Attract Expectant Parents & Boost LTV
- New Moms Find Support From Brands & Retailers
- Younger Consumers Inspire Greeting Card Industry Revival
- Mother's Day Spending: How Consumers Say “I Love You, Mom”
Additional Digital Advertising Resources
- DMS Success Story: Utilizing DMS Expertise For Campaign Optimization
- Generating Meal Kit And Grocery Delivery Prospects: Best Practices
- DMS Success Story: Continual Feed Of Subscribers Created For Moms-To-Be Newsletter
- Social Advertising Best Practices
- DMS Solutions That Connect Consumers & Advertisers
About the AuthorMore Content by Sarah Cavill