Location: Remote, USA
Reports to: Sales Manager
A Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying, sourcing, pitching and negotiating to close a strong pipeline of new customers, primarily through phone-based selling. This role supports the insurance division (DSMI) of DMS.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Source new sales opportunities through a combination of follow-up to inbound leads and outbound cold calling and emailing
- Understand customer needs and requirements and vet opportunities to determine viability within DMSI’s ecosystem
- Identify qualified opportunities to develop and close, so they may be supported by the customer success team
- Achieve monthly sales quotas on a consistent basis
- Research new prospects, identify key decision-makers and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand a database of prospects that aligns with DMSI business needs
- Maintain advanced knowledge of current market conditions, including target audience and competition
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years of business development/sales experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to present information to small groups
- Inside sales experience with a track record of over-achieving quotas
- Strong phone presence and experience conducting a high volume of cold calls
- Experience writing cold business emails
- Previous experience working with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- A current book of business with existing industry and brand contacts
- Knowledge of effectively managing and reporting on individual sales pipeline in order to hit monthly and quarterly sales quotas
Candidates will be considered in the totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers.
DMS is a growing company that provides team members with opportunities to learn new technologies and enhance their skills. In addition to competitive salaries, reliable work schedules, access to technology, an energetic and connected work culture and an impressive suite of employee health and wellness benefits, DMS also offers employees the chance to further acquire industry knowledge and network with colleagues.
The culture at DMS is built on a foundation of collaboration, support and inclusion. DMS believes in the power of teamwork. DMS is more than just an award-winning company, we are a team that supports one another, challenges each other and celebrates together.