For almost half of the states across the U.S., the most popular car makes are Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Nissan and Toyota, according to data from Digital Media Solutions.TM Regional tastes appear to be at play when it comes to top car makes across the rest of the states:
- GMC: Popular in the upper Midwest
- Chrysler: A top car in three states near Auburn Hills, Michigan, the location of their headquarters
- Honda: Most common in wealthier states, along West Coast states (including Hawaii) and in the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions
- Jeep: A top car brand for two mountainous states: Montana and West Virginia
- Subaru: Achieves the top-five list only for Vermont, a state known to be liberal
According to previously released data, the top 10 car makes on the road in the U.S. in 2018 included Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, GMC and Chrysler.
Digital Media Solutions helps its 1,500 active clients accelerate growth by deploying diversified and data-driven customer acquisition solutions that deliver scalable, sustainable and measurable marketing results. Our precision performance marketing solutions connect the right consumers with the right offers at the right time to achieve the marketing objectives of our clients.