The increased demand for meal kit and grocery delivery services offers opportunities for all meal kit providers, including smaller or newer players in the space, to scale and acquire new subscribers, but campaigns must be carefully planned out in order to succeed, keep up with heightened demand and beat out the competition. The best practices highlighted below will help ensure your lead generation campaigns geared toward meal kit and grocery delivery prospects are set up for success.
PREPARATION IS ESSENTIAL
Careful preparation is essential for any successful lead generation campaign, but in order to accommodate significant lead volume, all elements of meal kit and grocery delivery lead generation campaigns should be set up to handle the current accelerated pace.
- Determine what channels work best for your campaign: Seek out channels that can produce motivated users. Informational media sources such as native, blogs, social and review websites can be key components of successful meal kit and grocery delivery lead generation campaigns.
- Determine what success looks like: Identify KPIs (key performance indicators) that will be tracked and measured throughout the campaign. When working with third parties, be clear about campaign goals and how success will be measured up front. A core KPI in many subscription-based meal kit and grocery delivery campaigns is driving high customer LTV (lifetime value).
- Prepare your infrastructure: Make sure your call center, supply chain and distribution channels are appropriately staffed to handle increased capacity as volume picks up. Depending on the type of campaign, if all creative assets and tracking are prepared for launch, third-party meal kit and grocery delivery lead generation campaign set up can take as little as one week, so it is crucial to have all infrastructure elements in place up front.
FOCUS ON CONVERSION-FRIENDLY CREATIVE AND USER EXPERIENCE
Although interest in meal kit and grocery delivery services is high, with so many options for consumers to choose from, brands with the most engaging creative and frictionless transactions are likely to come out on top.
- Know your audience: Determine who your target audience is and develop creative that speaks to them. Mine your data to create ideal consumer profiles based on your highest LTV customer segments. Use images that match your target demographics, enabling prospects to engage with relevant creative that is more likely to result in conversions.
- Strong CTAs are crucial: High-impact creative with a strong call to action is critical. Coupon codes and special offers including discounts or free trials work well for drawing attention and winning new meal kit and grocery delivery customers. Longer formats like review sites and listicles allow for more room to engage prospects with unique benefits and compelling offers.
- Create a seamless user experience: In order for meal kit and grocery delivery campaigns to be successful, purchase funnels should be streamlined and user friendly, making it easy for prospects to sign up for more information or enroll in the delivery program of their choice.
As with any marketing campaign, monitoring results and making adjustments based on outcomes is essential for meal kit and grocery delivery campaigns, as incremental improvements over time drive growth and profitability.
- Test and iterate creative: Test various headlines, copy and images to determine what creative mix is resonating best with your target audience. Iterate to improve creative performance throughout the campaign lifecycle.
- Share data with publishers: Empower your partners to optimize by providing them with outcome data as closely to real time as possible, ideally daily, enabling them to make adjustments to quickly and effectively improve campaign performance.
Seeking New Ways To Scale Your Subscriber Base?
DMS helps DTC and subscription brands launch and expand their customer bases by developing and promoting engaging and targeted offers. DMS media plans leverage state-of-the-art technology to create the right balance of targeted and mass media opportunities, reaching consumers who become ongoing DTC and subscription customers with strong lifetime value. Contact DMS today to get started.
Do you want to be a DMS publisher partner? Click here to start the application process.