We’ve talked a lot this year about languishing and burnout and how to mitigate them, but what about the physical and mental exhaustion that often accompanies them?
5 Ways You Can Manage Your Energy & Combat Exhaustion
- Take care of yourself physically. Often when we’re exhausted, our self-care is the first thing to go out the window. Taking care of physical health in little, everyday ways can make a huge impact on your overall health and mindset.
- Be mindful of your mental health. Our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Mindfulness is the act of being aware of what you’re sensing and feeling without interpretation and judgment. Paying attention to your thoughts and feelings is a great way to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Learn when you need to take a break. Stand up and go outside. Walk away from your laptop. Do a 2-minute Modern Health Reset or Calm meditation. Do something that is actually restful, not just scrolling mindlessly on your phone.
- Seek professional help if you notice signs of depression. Feeling hopeless and pessimistic consistently, appetite changes, loss of interest or withdrawal from people/activities are just a few of the signs of depression. If you notice these feelings, ask for help. Digital Media Solutions offers employees free therapy sessions through Modern Health.
- Discuss challenges and get advice from your professional network. If your exhaustion is centered around work, talk to your network. You’d be surprised at how this can help brainstorm more efficient ways to do your tasks or even opportunities to collaborate.
You’re Not Alone
Remember – you’re not carrying the load by yourself.
Want To Join A Team That Values Connection?
Click here to view open positions at DMS and enter your email address below to subscribe to remote work life tips and news about DMS career opportunities.