Goals -> Purpose -> Results
Are Your Goals Big Enough To Produce The Results You Want?
Setting hard goals produces massively different results than having no goals or working toward goals that are easily achieved.
Having hard goals creates a path.
Having a path you believe in gives you purpose.
When you have purpose, you make daily progress on that purpose, and you feel alignment.
Alignment brings power and certainty and a sense of confidence that you will achieve your goals, because you know you can.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Yes, of course goals are important…” I want you to go back to the top of this blog post and start again.
If you’re now questioning whether your goals are hard enough, read on.
Goals Can Be Taken For Granted.
Of course we all have goals, and of course we are working toward them. It’s the goals that massively transform your life and give you purpose that create alignment for you internally. Creating alignment is what goals are meant to do.
When you have the right goal, you should feel real excitement and joy to have the opportunity to go out and chase your goal.
How Do We Know Goals Produce Alignment And Results?
Since the 1950s, people have studied goals and the effects they have on our minds. Back then, this kind of study was confusing at best. In fact, most people didn’t think there was actually any neuroscience to be studied when it came to goal setting. Gary Latham and Edwin Locke were the trailblazers in the study of goal setting. They studied the productivity of lumberjacks and found that, with modestly hard goals being set for production standards, the lumberjacks with hard goals massively outproduced their peers with no goals.
Goals come in many shapes, sizes and durations, including:
- Life Goals: Life goals are akin to the mission statements. Away values and toward values can be part of life goals.
- Annual Goals: Aligned with life goals, annual goals should be designed to create massive change during the year ahead.
- Monthly/Weekly/Daily Goals: These are the building blocks that move you along and help get you closer to your annual goal. As you achieve and surpass daily, weekly and monthly goals, it builds confidence that you can and will achieve your annual goal.
With The Right Goals, You Will Get More Out Of Life.
A lot more. A proven 10-25x more.
It’s January. It’s 2021. This is the time of year when the right goals can have a massive impact. The right goals will set our paths, define our purposes and create alignment. But like anything and everything in life, you can’t just think about it. You have to do it.
- If you haven’t already set some big goals for this year, you can change that today. Take your first step.
- If you already have goals drafted, evaluate whether or not they are big enough. Are they giving you purpose and alignment? If not, reset them.
There Is Always More We Can Learn.
The growth mindset helps us seek and explore, because the journey of life is just that… a journey. There is no destination. So, as we journey through life, let’s maximize the experience for ourselves and those around us.
Set big goals, expand your horizons, live an amplified life… and Go Get Your More!